We are transitioning the website to a new platform to allow for other people who are interested in the “Liaison” story to contribute to the project. If you have a relative who was a Liaison pilot, passenger, or ground crew, we’d live to hear from you. Watch for some Liaison pilot stories to be added soon!
Recent Blog Posts
- Introducing “Faith”! August 17, 2020
- Video Interview: Paul Harrington, WWII liaison pilot July 17, 2019
- Liaison Pilot Profile: Maj. Allen Conser June 5, 2019
- A vintage US Navy Silhouette Model reproduction of the Taylorcraft L-2 May 29, 2019
- A great article on US Artillery in World War Two mentioning Liaison Aircraft May 7, 2019
Lbirds.com Amazon Links:
One of our favorite Liaison books:
If you are looking for liaison reading material, please consider purchasing through our links as it helps us fund this website - more books are listed on our Books page!
I recall a movie or short film about liaison L-5 Sentinel being armed with the three tube bazooka. It was mounted on the wing struts and fire electrically. I never forgot the image of the Sentinel tree hoping. I am afraid I don’t recall the time frame, late WWII or maybe Korea. I would have seen this around 1956-57. I look forward to following your blog.
It’s hard to believe, but it seems there were actually several of these. Look for us to talk about the story of “Rosie the Rocketeer” in the future!