Recent Blog Posts
- Video Interview: Paul Harrington, WWII liaison pilot July 17, 2019
- Liaison Pilot Profile: Maj. Allen Conser June 5, 2019
- A vintage US Navy Silhouette Model reproduction of the Taylorcraft L-2 May 29, 2019
- A great article on US Artillery in World War Two mentioning Liaison Aircraft May 7, 2019
- The Liaison Forum April 24, 2019
Lbirds.com Amazon Links:
One of our favorite Liaison books:
If you are looking for liaison reading material, please consider purchasing through our links as it helps us fund this website - more books are listed on our Books page!
Subscribe to Lbirds!
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Did you now that we also have a message board for www.lbirds.com? The link is here: http://lbirds.forumotion.com Here’s a screenshot:
These photos were see in the San Diego Air and Space Museum Archives at this source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/sdasmarchives/sets/72157634802460577 Eugene O’Brien served in the 125th Liason Squadron during World War Two. These images document his time in Europe near the end of … Continue reading
It appears that some of the Air Commandos of WWII fame in the CBI recently had a gathering. The news stories refer to a WWII L-5 pilot Senior Master Sgt. William Cartwright as having been in attendance. https://www.hurlburt.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/1776498/air-commandos-gather-for-75th-anniversary-of-operation-thursday/ https://www.crestviewbulletin.com/news/20190305/ceremony-honors-air-commando-pioneers If … Continue reading