The Kids’ corner AKA Grasshopper Squadon
Our youth these days are all over digital formats (Hey, adults, too – you’re reading here, right?) but we think it’s great for them to do things offline. Here are some creative projects related to Liaison Aircraft that are available! And yes, “big kids” are welcome to enjoy them also.
Toy building ideas
- Build a Stinson L-5 out of LEGO®
Instructions and lists to collect the parts and build this model are coming soon!
In the meantime, you could help us fund the website by buying a complete copy of the L-5 here on eBay! https://www.ebay.com/itm/273802685264
Scale model building
- Build a vintage style “solid model” of a Taylorcraft L-2M!
Here are plans from a WWII era solid model kit like boys of the Liaison era used to build their models: (A PDF will open or download if you click on the image to the right or here)If you’ve never had the joy of crafting a model out of wood, here’s a website where you can learn more about how to do so: http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net
- Download, print, and build a free model of the Cessna L-19 Bird Dog!
Find the model here at: www.papertigerarmaments.com/Bird_Dog.html
Tools needed: Printer, cardstock (67 or 110lb paper), fine scissors or hobby knife, glue.
- More scale model options coming soon!
- Check the following link for plans to build your own flyable balsa wood Taylorcraft O-57 (L-2):
- Coming soon!