The Kids’ corner AKA Grasshopper Squadon
Our youth these days are all over digital formats (Hey, adults, too – you’re reading here, right?) but we think it’s great for them to do things offline. Here are some creative projects related to Liaison Aircraft that are available! And yes, “big kids” are welcome to enjoy them also.
Toy building ideas
- Build a Stinson L-5 out of LEGO® bricks
If you are interested in building a scale model of the Stinson L-5 out of Lego bricks, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To build other liaison-related WWII vehicles out of Lego® bricks – visit www.OmahaBricks.com for affordable instructions.
Scale model building
- Build a vintage style “solid model” of a Taylorcraft L-2M!
Here are plans from a WWII era solid model kit like boys of the Liaison era used to build their models: (A PDF will open or download if you click on the image to the right or here)If you’ve never had the joy of crafting a model out of wood, here’s a website where you can learn more about how to do so: http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net
- Download, print, and build a free model of the Cessna L-19 Bird Dog!
Find the model here at: www.papertigerarmaments.com/Bird_Dog.html
Tools needed: Printer, cardstock (67 or 110lb paper), fine scissors or hobby knife, glue.
- More scale model options coming soon!
- Check the following link for plans to build your own flyable balsa wood Taylorcraft O-57 (L-2):
- Coming soon!