Recent Blog Posts
- Video Interview: Paul Harrington, WWII liaison pilot July 17, 2019
- Liaison Pilot Profile: Maj. Allen Conser June 5, 2019
- A vintage US Navy Silhouette Model reproduction of the Taylorcraft L-2 May 29, 2019
- A great article on US Artillery in World War Two mentioning Liaison Aircraft May 7, 2019
- The Liaison Forum April 24, 2019
Lbirds.com Amazon Links:
One of our favorite Liaison books:
If you are looking for liaison reading material, please consider purchasing through our links as it helps us fund this website - more books are listed on our Books page!
Subscribe to Lbirds!
Author Archives: Admin1Ryan
This website: http://l-birds.fr/en is the homepage / gathering point for an exciting event coming up in Europe this summer around the commemoration ceremonies for the 75th anniversary of the D-Day invasion of Normandy, France in 1944. From what I’ve heard, over … Continue reading
The Alamo Liaison Squadron in San Antonio, TX has hosted an annual “L-birds” fly-in known as the “Bluebonnet Picnic” for a number of years. It is a fun, family-friendly event showcasing their aircraft and raising funds to maintain them. I … Continue reading
These days liaison pilots are becoming harder and harder to find. Sadly, we often don’t even know where to look until an obituary is posted. Here is a sampling of obituaries I’ve found that mention Liaison Pilots. If any family … Continue reading
Below are two of the best resources for history on the Cessna L-19 / O-1 Bird Dog. International Birddog Association website International Birddog Association Facebook page