Recent Blog Posts
- Video Interview: Paul Harrington, WWII liaison pilot July 17, 2019
- Liaison Pilot Profile: Maj. Allen Conser June 5, 2019
- A vintage US Navy Silhouette Model reproduction of the Taylorcraft L-2 May 29, 2019
- A great article on US Artillery in World War Two mentioning Liaison Aircraft May 7, 2019
- The Liaison Forum April 24, 2019
Lbirds.com Amazon Links:
One of our favorite Liaison books:
If you are looking for liaison reading material, please consider purchasing through our links as it helps us fund this website - more books are listed on our Books page!
Subscribe to Lbirds!
Monthly Archives: April 2019
Below are two of the best resources for history on the Cessna L-19 / O-1 Bird Dog. International Birddog Association website International Birddog Association Facebook page
The original “Rosie the Rocketer” flown by U.S. Army pilot and artillery spotter Charles Carpenter aka “Bazooka Charlie” was found by the Collings Foundation and is under restoration to fly! Read more of the story in the link below: www.bendbulletin.com/localstate/7048928-151/la-pine-man-restoring-plane-flown-by-bazooka … Continue reading
These photos were see in the San Diego Air and Space Museum Archives at this source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/sdasmarchives/sets/72157634802460577 Eugene O’Brien served in the 125th Liason Squadron during World War Two. These images document his time in Europe near the end of … Continue reading